Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda

I guess it’s feast or famine. There’s so much to talk about today I don’t know where to begin. I guess first I should give the Falls News some credit. Quite a few wonderful articles. Ok I am sooo biting my tongue regarding the Silver Lake trash can debate that I can hardly stand it. So I must clear up a few things. In CF when we go out of town, generally a neighbor will haul our cans back for us. In some instances we must pay a teenager for this task. Most of our out of town visitors’ realize that we produce trash and it requires pick up. Most people here bring their cans back within hours of pickup. I’m sure a few stern looks at the lake will take care of any slackers.

The article on Molly Benedum was great! I will admit I am one of her biggest supporters and very biased. I owe much of my understanding of district finances and inequities to Molly and her ability to make the confusing understandable. She has poured her heart and soul into sorting out school finance and what it takes to run a fiscally responsible and accountable school district. I’m glad she has decided to run again. This board needs someone who can get tax payers their moneys worth, yet still want what is best for kids. She has a long term investment in our district having graduated one already all the way down to one who hasn’t started school yet. She has already put 14 years in our district and has at least 15 years to go! Good luck Molly! I know you would make a wonderful addition to the Cuyahoga Falls Board of Education.

The article on the survey was great too. Ellin Walsh should get a raise if anyone over there at Record Publishing is listening. I need to ask the question: What are some people afraid of? Asking the community about their wants and needs in a survey does not mean you can or will provide every single thing that has a majority vote. But acknowledging that you want input and being able to explain why some things just aren’t possible is another way you can use a survey. But I think the main point is to gauge what the community at large wants and expects from our district and strive to offer all that we can with the resources these same people are willing to put in.

And I can’t avoid it any longer- The levy. I received an interesting Email. I guess at one of the meetings I was absent for a member was appointed to represent the board on the levy committee. But I wasn’t absent for any you say? Well I had to have been. Unless it was yet another one of those meetings I wasn’t invited to. But surely since that would be against the law….

Please stop calling me to complain about school closings or the lack of closings. I do not get to make this call. I just wear my PJ’s inside out and keep my fingers crossed like everybody else does. Why do some of you think the board actually makes decisions? We’re just told what’s best for everyone and expected to agree.

12 comments:

special ed mom said...

I have never seen any comments concerning Teachers Aides and Attendants. Ever since our financial troubles most attendants have 2-3 children to take care of during the school day. These children need help in class with their attendant by their side. It is immposible to do when a attendant has children that are in different grades and even if they are in the same grade they have different teachers. There are not near enough Teachers Aides to help with all the special ed children.

fallsbigdaddy said...

Dr.Holland is just helping Mrs.Dunphy get re-elected. She will love having her name all over the paper. This just may bite him in the ass because of the backlash from the people in the Falls that don't like her. This may hurt his efforts to pass the renewal levy.

Tax payer I think people are tired of bitching on blogs and what to see some action. It seems that the master plan is working,people are loosing hope that anything will change. Holland and the gang have been playing the waiting game.So besides blogging what have you done to change things tax payer?

fallsbigdaddy said...

I am going to go to as many BOE meetings as I can and then I am going to find a canidate I like and support them. I have three kids in this school system and I want some changes. I am also going to vote the renewal levy down in May.
I want to see what their poker face looks like.

fallsbigdaddy said...

Why is you don't notice you can't spell till after you post something? Oh well you folks can figure it out.

fallsbigdaddy said...

Tax payer, I am with you, I will also support Mrs.Benedum.

fallsbigdaddy said...

Leslie, do you mean our vote for a board candidate?

fallsbigdaddy said...

Leslie, damn right we use the levy as a weapon. It's the biggest gun we have. Of course they will shut down bussing and put pay to play into effect,it's like a chess game.

They still have to educate the kids. They will just do their best to make it hard on the parents.

Why roll over on the first vote? They have two more attemps after May. The budget won't be effected to next year and by then we will have a new board make up.

Can't we all see it's a game they play? They just keep jamming the parents in the ass till we cave in and give the more and more money.

It's got to STOP!

fallsbigdaddy said...

I don't know anything about a job with the school system. I think she has a right to her opinion.

I am sorry if it sounded like I was yelling at her.

fallsbigdaddy said...

The best way to send a message is to wait till Nov. to pass the renewal levy and at the same time vote in new board members. Don't give the bunch that are in charge right now a damn thing.

Looks like we have a little cat fight going on here!

fallsbigdaddy said...

Tax pay I think you are starting to change my mind. If we fail the renewal levy until after Nov. we can start 2008 with a new board and perhaps we can get a true idea as to where we stand and what cuts we can make.

fallsbigdaddy said...

I'll say this much, you folks like to let it all hang out.

fallsbigdaddy said...

I think we should call " Dr.Love"

I'm a old Kiss fan ya know.