Thursday, March 09, 2006

Feelin' alright...

It’s been a busy week and a half. I want to apologize to you for taking so long to post. Our last board meeting was fairly uneventful. I was pleased to see CFHS student Holly Shaw was recognized for her outstanding performance in the DECA program. She won herself a $100,000 scholarship. AWESOME!!
I want to congratulate our CEO for taking the initiative to develop a comprehensible administrative pay schedule. It has been long overdue. I think the only changes I would make would be to find some way of recognizing performance. (or the lack there of.) Maybe we can now look at making insurance contributions reasonable and equal across the board. The gravy train is at depot 2006 and it’s time to get off. I hear that most of our property owners make significant contributions to insurance. Why should their tax dollars fund government employees insurance at percentages most of us only dream of?
We have had our audit meetings. It’s CONFIDENTIAL for now, but I promise that as soon as allowable by law I will let you know what they say. I don’t know why the word is always in capitol letters but somehow it seems appropriate, so I will carry on the tradition.
Please continue to Email me with your feedback on these issues. Or leave your comments here on the blog. Either way I want to know what YOU think.

No comments: