Tuesday, December 02, 2008

In the Spirit of Change

I know you've missed me. Wondering where I've been? I've been holed up at home, locked in my family room, doing some heavy duty research. Wednesday night I will give a presentation to the board regarding my findings. I have put together a proposal that will save our school district over 2.5 million dollars over the next two years.

Is it perfect? No. After all it was me, myself and I that put this together, and as much as I'd like to say I have all the answers, I don't. But it is definitely a good place to start. I know I haven’t given much notice, but to be honest I wasn’t sure I would have it together in time. But my offer is this:

I will post my Power Point presentation sometime Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Anyone that wants to get together a group of 6-10 people and have a chat about it should Email me at KPforCFSB@aol.com

I do my best work when coffee, cream, and sugar are provided. We can discuss my proposal and make your input a part of it. I am willing to discuss the methodology and madness behind it. This offer extends to everyone, regardless of motive. I know there are plenty of people out there that will want to string me up and flog me for some of the suggestions I am proposing. I am more than willing to sit down with those people and explain the reasons why we need to look at this proposal not only for the financial impact, but the academic benefits. In fact, I feel safe in saying that the academic impact far outweighs the two year monetary savings.
Once again, I apologize for the late notice of the board meeting presentation. Check back soon for the Power Point.

A quick Congratulations! to Mr. Hofer. He is what is known to us old school peeps as the shop teacher. You know, woods, metal..I’m sure it has a much more technical name now. He has been nominated for an award for the work he does with our kids. More on this after he wins it...;0)

And thank goodness it’s almost December 13th. That’s the magical day when the Academic Challenge airs the competition that our awesome Cuyahoga Falls High School students participated in.. I can’t tell you who won ‘til it airs. I think I can brag about how professional our students looked and acted. They and their instructor wore matching shirts, didn’t mumble or stutter, appeared confident and calm. I was so proud to be a Tiger!

No comments: